The Matthew Stevens family have lived in St Ives for over five generations with fishing at their heart. Starting in 1916 with a fishing boat (also called Matthew Stevens) the family have developed their business over many years, into one of the country’s premier fish merchants that count the likes of Jamie Oliver and Rick Stein amongst their regular clients.
Due to the continued growth of the business and the convenience of having product stored on site rather than many miles away, Matthew Stevens decided to build a 200 pallet freezer coldstore on newly acquired land next door to his existing facility in St Ives.
Having worked for many fish processing companies, Matthew contacted ProjectLink who he asked to design, apply for planning permission and construct this new building.
Matthew Stevens with Jamie Oliver
What we did…
ProjectLink designed and constructed the following as part of the project:
- Local Authority planning, building control, Building Regs approval
- Groundworks, foundations & concrete slab
- Structural steelwork
- Roofing and cladding
- Insulated coldstore envelope to form -20oC freezer chamber & +8oC chilled lobby
- Kitchen and toilet facility
- Mezzanine storage
- Lighting, electrical & plumbing
- Push-back pallet racking & standard adjustable pallet racking.
- Steelwork fabrication of internal and external stairs.
- Bollards and wall protection.